Party Mix * Better Eating * The Lyman house of Pizza * Pete's PB&J Page
We've been bringing this to parties for along time. The first time I had it the gal I ended up marying gave me a package of it as I left for a working road trip. Between Biddeford and Old Town, Maine I fell in love as I munched away.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of graham crackers crumbs
- 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 oz. bag of butterscotch morsels
- 12 oz. bag of finely chopped walnuts
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 8" X 12" disposable aluminum baking pan
- Spray the pan liberally with PAM or other release spray. Be sure to treat the side walls of the pan.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the pan
- Add the graham cracker crumbs and marry it with the butter to form a base
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate morsels in an even layer
- Add the butterscotch morsels in an even layer
- Add cover the top with the walnuts in an even layer. Be sure they are chopped. Whole walnut halves will cause problems when cutting the candy
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Cool on the counter
- Refrigerate to harden the candy
- Get a large cutting board
- Push the pan sides away to release the candy. Invert the pan, remove the candy as a single slab then place on the cutting board, graham cracker base down.
- Using a long knife across the 8-inch width press down to cut the candy into strips. I have a serrated bread knife that works well for this.
- Cut the strips into squares. I use a cleaver for this.
- This stuff is sweet, targeting a 1-1/2" square works well.
- Layer into a plastic storage box or party tin. Place sheets of waxed paper between the layers.
- Store refrigerated and avoid warmth before serving.
Back to our front page
Our Site Map
Take time to share your recipe with / Pete & Lorna
Created August 12, 2018